Welcome to CSCI S-71/E-71 Agile Software Development, a dynamic and engaging course offered at Harvard University’s Summer School and Extension School.
Dive into the world of Agile software development with us! This course provides a comprehensive exploration of the technical, business, and team dynamics facets of Agile, including:
- Mastering agility in software product development
- Unpacking business agility, with a focus on:
- Agile product inception
- User stories and product backlog construction
- Definition of done and definition of ready
- Agile forecasting and project management
- Sprint planning
- Enhancing technical agility through:
- Pair programming
- Mob programming
- Test-driven development
- Working with legacy code: refactoring for clean code
- Behavior-driven development
- Continuous integration
- Continuous delivery
- Advanced agility skills:
- High-performance teams: Core Protocols for psychological safety and emotional intelligence
- Agile at large scale
- Strategies for introducing and sustaining Agile in your organization
Please note, students are required to bring a laptop suitable for software development to all class sessions.
By the conclusion of this course, you’ll have a deep understanding of Agile software development, empowering you to excel as a leader or valuable member of a high-performing software product development team. Welcome aboard!
For Fall 2023, we embrace a “hybrid” approach. Our virtual meetings are held on Mondays from 3:00-5:00 pm ET starting on September 11, complemented by an immersive on-campus weekend on September 16-17.
For Summer 2023, we were excited to be back on campus. Our meetings took place in the classroom from 3:15-6:15 pm ET for three enriching weeks starting on June 20.